Vladimir Potanin Foundation university ranking presentation: discussion and roundtableAugust 26, 2016
In September 2016, Vladimir Potanin Foundation will present its ranking of Russian universities for the 2015/2016 academic year. For the last 12 years, the ranking has been based on the outcomes of the Foundation’s programs for students and faculty.
Together with Project 5-100, Vladimir Potanin Foundation will hold two events in sync with the presentation of the ranking. A discussion “University Reputation: Role, Main Elements and Development Tools” will be held on September 5; and a roundtable “University Ranking Gains: Cause or Effect of Reputation?” will be conducted on September 6.
“University Reputation: Role, Main Elements and Development Tools”, starting in the Higher School of Economics at 3, B. Trekhsvyatitelski lane at 7pm on September 5, will focus on university reputation and positioning, university branding in Russia and the UK. Invitees include Avison Joe, Managing Director of The Chronicle of Philanthropy and The Chronicle of Higher Education; Mikhail Antonov, Head of Project Office of the Center of Educational Development SKOLKOVO; Sergey Kadochnikov, Head of NRU HSE in St. Petersburg; Daria Kozlova, ITMO Vice-Rector for International Activities; Vadim Radaev, First Vice-Rector of NRU HSE; Oksana Oracheva, General Director of Vladimir Potanin Foundation and Valery Falkov, Rector of the Tyumen State University.
Together with the presentation of the Vladimir Potanin Foundation ranking itself, “University Ranking Gains: Cause or Effect of Reputation?” roundtable will start at TASS news agency (2, Tverskoy blvd.) at 11 am, September 6. Roundtable experts and rectors will discuss the following issues:
• Is reputation a self-fulfilling prophecy or fate?
• Should a university have a separate reputation strategy or is reputation a product of the overall strategy?
• Reputation and rating gains: do they always go together?
• Avison Joe, Managing Director of The Chronicle of Philanthropy and The Chronicle of Higher Education;
• Antonov Mikhail, Head of Project Office of the Center of Educational Development SKOLKOVO;
• Oksana Oracheva, General Director of Vladimir Potanin Foundation;
• Heads of top universities according to the 2016 rating.
Organizers are inviting heads of universities that participate in Vladimir Potanin Scholarship Program, Project 5-100 participants and other universities, scholars of higher education and journalists.
To participate, please fill out the registration form for the event of your choice (russian language).