Founded in 1960
Rector - Vladimir Filippov
RUDN University is an international classical university with the mission to
- unite people of different nations, races and religions by means of knowledge;
- train qualified specialists in various spheres of activities;
- form personalities, who are patriots of their native countries and friends of Russia; who are familiar with the achievements of world culture; who boost the ideals of humanism, democracy and peoples’ friendship;
- train young people, capable of working successfully in any country of the world using their creativity in the context of interrelation of civilizations and diversity of modern society.
RUDN University is a multiprofiled university, which integrates research and education in dozens of fields. RUDN encompasses 7 faculties, 14 institutes, 156 scientific and educational laboratories, 4 university-wide research and education centers. RUDN’s 18 bachelor and master programs have been accredited internationally.
RUDN carries out fundamental and applied research in the field of pharmacology, nanobiomedtehnology, geoinformatics, telecommunication systems, mathematical prediction, tropical agriculture, space systems, and others. Traditionally RUDN University is known for its strong schools in mathematics, chemistry, medicine, linguistics, Russian as a foreign language.
Currently 28 thousand people from 152 countries are studying at RUDN University.
The university has enrolled 6.300 international students from 152 countries.
The international cooperation
RUDN is the basic university for CIS Network University and the Coordinator for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Network University. RUDN is also the coordinator for the Venice consortium of universities, and actively participates in the formation and development of the BRICS Network University.
The University has concluded more than 250 cooperation agreements with foreign universities and research centers. These are:
- The University of Heidelberg (Germany)
- Munich Technical Institute (Germany)
- MBA International School of Beijing University, China
- The International Institute of Air and Space Law at Leiden University (The Netherlands)
- Ohio State University (USA)
- Cardiff University (UK)
- University of Bergen (Norway)
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Free University of Brussels (Belgium)
- University of Bologna (Italy)
- The Technical University of Berlin (Germany)
- The University of Hamburg (Germany)
- The University of Twente (The Netherlands)
- Universidad Complutense (Spain)
- University of Strasbourg (France)
- Charles University (The Czech Republic)
- The University of Pisa (Italy)
- The University of Porto (Portugal)
More than 90 thousand RUDN graduates work in almost all countries throughout the world. Among them there are presidents and prime ministers, dozens of ministers and hundreds of well-known politicians, successful businessmen, scientists, and famous figures in the field of culture.
- Al-Mustafa Hammoud Navayse (Jordan), Secretary General of the Constitutional Court of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- Abbas Yusuf Saleh (Chad), Prime Minister of the Republic of Chad (2008-2010).
- Bharrat Jagdeo (The Co-operative Republic of Guyana), the President of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana (1999-2011).
- Gideon Juma Mohamed Shoo (the United Republic of Tanzania), General Director of G & S Media Consultants.
- Massimov Karim (Kazakhstan), Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Sudhir Gupta (Republic of India), Chairman of the Board of Directors of the corporation «Amtel».
- Artyukh Konstantin Yurievich, Rosbank deputy chairman/
- Akhanov Dmitry Sergeevich, Managing Director - Director for Relations with the United States and Canada, the companies of "RUSNANO", the President of RUSNANO USA, Inc.
- Balykhin Gregory Artemovich, deputy of the State Duma of the Russian Federation, Head of the Federal Agency for Education (2004-2007 biennium).
- Grebennikov Valery Vasilievich, Member of the Supreme Qualification Collegium of Judges, a member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
- Gusakov Vladimir Anatolievich, Managing Director of Government Relations of the Moscow Stock Exchange (MICEX), Member of the Board of Directors of JSC "Russian Railways".
- Kurochkina Vera Igorevna, Member of the Board of Directors of the company "Rusal", Director for Public Relations, Executive Director.
- Pilipenko Yury Sergeevich, First Vice-President of the Federal Chamber of Lawyers of the Russian Federation.
- Remchukov Konstantin Vadimovich, Owner, CEO and editor-in-chief of "Nezavisimaya Gazeta".
- Shishkhanov Mikail Osmanovich, Chairman of the Board of MDM Bank, owner of the leasing company "Europlan".