South Ural State University (National Research University) (SUSU)
Year of foundation: 1943
Total students: 28,000 / International students: 1,800
Faculties: 10 / Departments: 85
Rector: Alexander Shestakov
South Ural State University holds classes on 264 bachelor, specialist and 150 master degree programmes in the technical, scientific, social, humanitarian and economic fields.
SUSU intensively develops international activities in the scientific, educational and cultural fields. It is an active member of the largest union of the leading Russian and Chinese technical universities – the Association of Sino-Russian technical universities (ASRTU), as well as a part of the University of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and other large educational and scientific unions.
- Supercomputer Computation (Intelligent Data Analysis)
- Natural Sciences
- Human Sciences
- Production of Engines
International collaboration and partnerships
SUSU intensively develops international activities in the scientific, educational and cultural fields. As of the end of 2015, the university has signed more than 140 contracts and agreements with the leading foreign universities and organizations from such countries as China, Kazakhstan, Finland, Germany, Czech Republic, Bulgaria and others.
The university actively cooperates with the missions of the Russian Federal Agency “Rossotrudnichestvo” from all over the world. South Ural State University is an active member of the largest union of the leading Russian and Chinese technical universities – the Association of Sino-Russian technical universities (ASRTU), as well as a part of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization University and other large educational and scientific unions.
The university implements a wide variety of exchange programs with Chinese universities, summer schools, double degree programs, as well as joint master degree programs (with the Clark University (USA) and Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland).
All international academic programs are available for SUSU students, including the foreign citizens.
- Victor Khristenko, Сhairman of the board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC)
- Vladimir Myakush, Сhairman of the Legislative Assembly of Chelyabinsk region
- Valeriy Gartung, Deputy head of the parliamentary group “Spravedlivaya Rossiya”
- Ruslan Gattarov, Deputy governor of the Chelyabinsk region
- Kirill Denisov, Russian judoist, European champion
- Evgeniy Roshal, Russian programmer, a developer of the file manager FAR, WinRAR archiver, compression format RAR