University of Tyumen
Established: September 16, 1930
Established: September 16, 1930
Rector: Falkov Valerii
The University mission is to train graduates with relevant globally competitive world-class skills with the view ti transform social environment and to create new successful businesses.
- Academic excellence since 1930
- Located in the oldest Siberian city - Tyumen
- 20 000 students
- 2 000 faculty and staff
- 170 programes
- 12 institutes on the main campus
- 6 campuses
- 80 partner universities in more than 30 countries
- Learning in oil and gas environment
- High technologies
- Environmental Remediation
- Socio-Humanistic knowledge and technologies
- Software Еngineering
- Industrial Cooperation
- The University of Tyumen cooperates with transnational companies:
- Big oil service companies (Schlumberger, Baker Huges, Wetherford)
- Largest companies of Russian origin (SIBUR Holding, BKE, Geotech Holding, Integra, SSK, ERIELL, HMS Group)
- IT-corporations (Google, Yandex, Cisco, Mail)
University of Tyumen actively participates in the Association of the World Universities, such as the University of the Arctic Association (since 2009). The goal of the association is to create a strong, sustainable circumpolar region by empowering northerners and northern communities through education and shared knowledge. Besides that, UT joined the university administration of the Network BRICS University. It is an educational consortium of leading universities from Brazil, Russia, India, China and RSA that offers common educational and research space for the members of this international organization.
Main International Projects implemented in cooperation with foreign partners:
- TEMPUS (programme of the European Union)
- SASCHA (Sustainable land management and adaptation strategies to climate change for the Western Siberian Grain Belt, Germany);
- Russia-USA project;
- Federal Target Programme run by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
All in all the UT has concluded 85 international agreements with the universities of England, France, Germany, Latvia, Estonia, Serbia, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Norway, China, CIS countries, Brazil, Cuba, USA, Mexico, Chile. Seven of the UT partners are in top-200 of the world rankings (QS, Times).
Every year UT hosts about 100 international students and interns on different exchange programmes. In addition, international students can learn the Russian language at the Preparatory Department and take part in the Multidisciplinary Summer School.
In 2015/2016 academic year more than 1830 students study at UT on full-time and part-time basis.
- Vladimir Yakushev, Governor of the Tyumen Region. Major: Law, Finance and Credit
- Alexander Moor, Head of the City of Tyumen Administration. Major: Accounting and Audit
- Miroslav Nemirov, Russian poet, prose-writer, essayist, contemporary art worker. Major: Philology
- Vladimir Bogomiakov, Russian poet. Major: History
- Evgenii Garanichev, Bronze medal-winner during winter Olympics in Sochi-2014. Institute of Physical Education
- Galina Kukleva, Honoured Master of Sports, Champion and Silver medal-winner in the 18th winter Olympics in Biathlon, Nagano 1998. Institute of Physical Education
- Dmitrii Goritskii, President of OAO Sapsibkombank. Major: Law, Finance and Credit
- Alexander Klikushin, Judge of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation