University of Tyumen (UTMN)
Year of foundation: 1930
Total students: 19,449 / International students: 2,208
Faculties: 12 / Departments: 66
Rector: Valerii Falkov
The University mission is to train graduates with relevant globally competitive world-class skills with the view to transform social environment and to create new successful businesses.
Round University Ranking 2017 has published its subject ranking of the world’s leading universities. University of Tyumen entered two subject rankings out of six – Life Sciences and Social Sciences.
University of Tyumen has been included in international ranking of the top universities in Emerging Europe and Central Asia (EECA) 2017/18.Research
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Environmental Remediation
- Software Engineering
- Inclusive Education
- Language Studies
International collaboration and partnerships
University of Tyumen actively participates in the Association of the World Universities, such as the University of the Arctic Association (since 2009). The goal of the association is to create a strong, sustainable circumpolar region by empowering northerners and northern communities through education and shared knowledge.
Main International Projects implemented in cooperation with foreign partners:
- TEMPUS (program of the European Union)
- SASCHA (Sustainable land management and adaptation strategies to climate change for the Western Siberian Grain Belt, Germany)
- Russia-USA project
- Federal Target Program run by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Every year University of Tyumen hosts about 100 international students and interns on different exchange programs. In addition, international students can learn the Russian language at the Preparatory Department and take part in the Multidisciplinary Summer School.
University of Tyumen cooperates with transnational companies:
- Big oil service companies (Schlumberger, Baker Huges, Wetherford)
- Largest companies of Russian origin (SIBUR Holding, BKE, Geotech Holding, Integra, SSK, ERIELL, HMS Group)
- IT-corporations (Google, Yandex, Cisco, Mail)
- Vladimir Yakushev, Governor of Tyumen Region
- Alexander Moor, Head of Tyumen’s Administration
- Miroslav Nemirov, Russian poet, prose-writer, essayist
- Vladimir Bogomiakov, Russian poet
- Evgeniy Garanichev, bronze medalist in the 2014 Olympic Games
- Galina Kukleva, honored Master of Sports, champion and silver medalist in 1998 Olympics Games
- Dmitriy Goritsky, President of PAO Sapsibkombank
- Alexander Klikushin, Judge of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation